8.12.2012

Weekend in Instagram

Oh, Sunday. I like Sundays because they are laid back and relaxing, but I also hate them because it means the weekend is almost over. This was a three day weekend for me though, so I shouldn't complain. Thursday night, we drove up to Avery's parents' house for a little visit. When we were about a half hour away, though, a huge thunderstorm came in. Usually, I love thunderstorms. When I'm inside. But we were in the car and this was the scariest storm I've ever been in. There were lightning strikes practically ever ten seconds, and they were all cloud to ground. I'm terrified of lightning unless I'm in the house, and we were driving through trees on little, dark, winding roads, so it was even scarier. I was so glad to finally get to the house. But the next day, everything was extra pretty.


I started reading a new book since I finished all the books in the  A Song of Ice and Fire series so far. I love Sherlock Holmes; I started reading the stories when I was about nine years old and have read all of them probably a dozen times. I read once that Doyle was upset that everybody loved Sherlock Holmes, but never really payed any attention to the other things he wrote. So when I found this in the bookstore a little while back, I picked it up. I've only read one chapter so far, but I'll let you know how it is when I finish. 


I also started working on a cowl with some yarn I got super cheap at A.C. Moore a few weeks ago. I'm using a stitch I found my Reader's Digest: Complete Guide To Needlework book. I love this book so much. I think I'm going to learn how to do embroidery next. 



I got chaat for lunch today. There's a place about a half a block away that has the most delicious chaat (though, honestly, I don't really have much to compare it to :) ). It's my favorite summertime meal because it's cold and has really fresh flavors. 

I forgot to take a picture until I was almost finished. I was too excited to eat.
And my dad found a baby bunny in my parent's yard while he was mowing the lawn. There's a little family of bunnies under one of the bushes, and I guess this guy got left behind. I'm so sad I wasn't there to see it.


Well, enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment